Our History

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus gave the church, "The Great Commission," to make disciples of all nations. On October 5, 1941, our church was started as Barkers District Baptist Church by six individuals who had a passion to be faithful to the mission of Jesus. Their names were:

  1. Mr. L. G. Strickland
  2. Mrs. Hattie Strickland
  3. Linton Strickland, Jr. 
  4. Mr. Horace Banister
  5. Mrs. Lois Banister
  6. Miss Caroline Whiteside

On May 10, 1942, the name of the church changed to Fairview Baptist Church. Over 75 years has pasted since the establishment of the church, but the passion of these founding members to be a disciple making church in the Lindale community continues on to this day.