Our church was started by some exciting people who had a vision. organized and established October 5, 1941, as Barkers District Baptist Church, with the following Charter Members:
- Mr. L. G. Strickland
- Mrs. Hattie Strickland
- Linton Strickland, Jr.
- Mr. Horace Banister
- Mrs. Lois Banister
- Miss Caroline Whiteside
The name of the church was changed in Conference on May 10, 1942 to Fairview Baptist Church. Members are received in the following ways: 1) Baptism, 2) Letter, and 3) Statement.
The men of the church built the present facility; and we moved in debt free in January, 1993.